Crispy Black Pepper Turmeric Cauliflower and Garlic Noodles.
Quick and healthy Crispy Black Pepper Turmeric Cauliflower and Garlic Noodles. Cauliflower tossed with turmeric and black pepper, roasted until crispy, then served over saucy garlic butter rice noodles and topped with a spritz of lime and fresh Thai basil. So delicious! Every bite has hints of crispy, creamy, spicy-sweet flavor. Major bonus? This comes together in no time at all.
Happy St. Patrick’s day everyone!! How are you guys celebrating? I didn’t roll out any new Irish-inspired recipes this year (sorry). But I sure hope you guys are celebrating in some way today. My brother Creighton would be SO excited if you ate a corned beef sandwich for him. I’m 120% positive he’d just about die and go to heaven if I made him one. Sadly for him, it’s just not in the cards today. But that doesn’t mean I don’t have a delicious recipe to share.
Because I do! And it’s personally one of my favorites.
With my older brother around so much over the past few months, recipes have been swaying heavier on the meat and chicken than I’d like. He’s one of those “guys-guys” that believes no meal is complete without some kind of meat. Since I love to cook for others, I’ve tried my best to cater a bit more to him. Remember those cheesy gordita crunch tacos? Yep, all his doing.
But today, it’s all about the cauliflower and the noodles. So, my kind of food.
I’m such a big fan of cauliflower these days, but especially roasted cauliflower that gets a little crispy and crunchy. It all started when I made this Crispy Roasted Cauliflower with Creamy Pesto Pasta back in January. And then followed it up with Cauliflower Tinga Tacos. Ever since I’ve been loving any form of roasted cauliflower.
And that kind of brings me to this recipe. It’s a mash-up of a couple of recipes that I make on repeat and has a bit of a Thai inspiration to it. Sounds a little different, but trust me, this is different in a good way.
Here are the details…start with the cauliflower
The cauliflower is the shining star of this recipe. It’s oven-roasted with lots of turmeric, ginger, and black pepper. Throw it in the oven, then about halfway through cooking, add some cashews to the mix. Then toss on a little honey and soy sauce. The honey helps the cauliflower caramelize and become sweet and spicy. By the time it comes out of the oven, it’s extra crispy with just the right amount of char and so much flavor. It is delicious! Especially atop a big bowl of creamy garlic butter rice noodles.
Fun fact, before we move onto those noddles? Using the two spices together packs anti-inflammatory powder and plenty of antioxidant properties. But even cooler? Pairing black pepper with turmeric is said to help your body better absorb the curcumin that’s found in turmeric.
Soo, you see? Very healthy. I love when delicious food is also nutritious.
Onto those noodles…
While the cauliflower is roasting, make those noodles. Boil rice noodles and toss them in a hot pan full of butter and garlic. Yes, noodles, butter, and garlic…but then add a touch of coconut milk for a little more sauce and additional creaminess.
It is SO GOOD.
I like to use vermicelli rice noodles, but you could use any variety of rice noodles, or even angel hair pasta. The noodles are meant to be saucy, so once you toss them with the garlic butter sauce, be sure to serve them right away.
By the time the noodles have cooked, the cauliflower should be done as well. And then, all that’s left to do is put it all together.
Spoon the noodles plus the creamy coconut sauce into bowls, then add the roasted cauliflower. Finish each bowl off with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and fresh basil or cilantro.
Enjoy immediately – while those noodles are piping hot and the cauliflower is extra crisp.
Takes less than an hour to create. Not only delicious but fun too!
Looking for other easy dinner recipes with a Thai flare? Here are a few to try:
Lastly, if you make this Crispy Black Pepper Turmeric Cauliflower and Garlic Noodles be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Crispy Black Pepper Turmeric Cauliflower and Garlic Noodles
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 medium shallots, sliced or chopped
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 3 tablespoons salted butter or ghee
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup fresh Thai basil or cilantro, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 425° F. On a baking sheet, combine the cauliflower, the olive oil, turmeric, ginger, black pepper, paprika, and a pinch of chili flakes and salt. Toss well to evenly coat. Transfer to the oven and roast for 20 minutes, or until tender.
2. Remove the cauliflower from oven, add the shallots and cashews. Drizzle over the soy sauce and honey, toss to combine and evenly coat everything. Roast another 10 minutes, until charred.
3. Meanwhile, cook rice noodles according to packaged directions.
4. Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the butter, garlic, and a pinch of red pepper flakes, if desired. Cook until the garlic begins to caramelize and turn light golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the coconut milk, cooking 3-5 minutes, until warmed through. Remove from the heat and toss the noodles with the sauce.
5. To serve, divide the noodles among bowls and top with roasted cauliflower. Finish with a squeeze of lime juice and top with basil or cilantro. Enjoy!
Our Favorite Recipes
30 Minute Caramelized Shallot Beef Ramen Noodles.