Garlic Butter Creamed Corn Chicken.
Garlic Butter!! Creamed Corn Chicken! Oh my gosh, is there anything better? This chicken is made in under an hour, uses just one skillet, and is beyond delicious. It’s creamy, garlicky, packed with corn, and finished with fresh herbs and parmesan. Perfect cozy, summer dinner for any night of the week.
This is what I call summer comfort food. As you guys know, come the fall months I’m all about cozy, comfort foods, but I also think that summer can use a cozier recipe or two. Enter this creamed corn chicken.
It’s cozy, but yet totally summery at the same time, and I am in love with it.
Plus, it’s a one skillet, no oven, kind of recipe. So for those of you who don’t want to do a lot of dishes and can’t even begin to think about turning on the oven in the summer heat, this is your dinner.
Before I dive into all the details, I have to say thank you to everyone who commented on Monday’s post. I was so thrilled to see that so many of you enjoy my stories in addition to my recipes. Rambling on about life isn’t what most people recommend doing within a recipe blog post, but I’ve decided I don’t really care. I’m all about sharing my life stories with you guys!
I was also so excited to see so many of you commenting. Summer typically is a very slow time for the online/digital world, but it really excites me to see so many of you still reading away and commenting. I absolutely LOVE hearing from you guys and your kind words, feedback, and even (constructive) criticism, are what keep me energized and excited to share new content with you guys every single day.
So long story, short, thanks so much for reading and hanging out with me everyday! Hope you guys feel like we are friends cooking together in the kitchen…
Speaking of which, I finally posted my first IGTV video and now we can totally can be cooking together in the kitchen. Well kind of!
I made my favorite Blueberry Chamomile Galette and had a lot of fun putting it together…but I’m not going to lie, being on camera is hard, but in a weird way, I kind of love it too. It’s definitely difficult to watch myself though. Like I just can’t do it. Thank God I don’t have to edit these or I would delete everything.
This is just the first video I’ve done, and I am filming solo while using my iPhone, so it’s for sure not perfect, but then nothing in life is perfect! That said, hoping to improve the quality of the videos now that Kai is in town to film!
Anyway, let me know what you guys think and what type of video content you would love to see!
OK. Garlic. Butter. Creamed Corn. Chicken.
Here are all the delicious details.
Since it’s summer and it’s super hot, I wanted to create a recipe that was quick, simple, easy, required no oven, but was still delicious. That is this chicken.
It all starts with crisping up some bacon in a large skillet. The bacon is our first layer of flavor here, and while you can choose to leave it out if you prefer, I do think it adds so much flavor and pairs perfectly with the sweet corn. It’s up to you but…
I’d use the bacon.
Once the bacon is crisp, you’ll sear the chicken, then cook the corn with some butter, garlic, and herbs until it’s golden and smelling delish. Add a little white wine and simmer that all together until the chicken is cooked through.
Finish things off with some cream, some cheese, and fresh basil, and dinner is complete.
Cozy, summer comfort food!
I really could not love this skillet dinner more. It’s simple, but yet so full of flavors that everyone really enjoys. I love serving this chicken over steamed quinoa for a healthy, protein packed grain, but brown or white rice is equally delicious. Make a side salad or some grilled veggies and you’ll have the perfect simple summer dinner.
SO GOOD. I know I say this every single day, but this recipe really is good. It’s one of those recipes that you’ll crave time and time again. Plus the sauce kind of just melts in your mouth. YUM!
Watch the How To Video:
If you make this garlic butter creamed corn chicken, please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love hearing from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every one of you. Oh, and of course, if you do make this chicken, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram so I can see! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Garlic Butter Creamed Corn Chicken
Course: Main Course
Keyword: chicken dinner, easy dinner recipe, skillet dinner
This chicken is made in under an hour, uses just one skillet, and is beyond delicious. It's creamy, garlicky, packed with corn, and finished with fresh herbs and parmesan. Perfect cozy, summer dinner for any night of the week.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme, plus more for serving
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 slices thick cut bacon, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ears corn, kernels removed from cob
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup dry white wine, such as Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, canned full fat coconut milk, or whole milk
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan or Asiago cheese
- fresh basil
1. Rub the chicken all over with 1 tablespoon olive oil, thyme, and season generously with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the flour evenly over the chicken and toss to coat, adding more flour if needed to cover the chicken.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and cook the bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan and drain onto paper towels.
3. Add the chicken to the pan and sear on both sides until golden, about 5 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan.
4. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. When the oil shimmers, add the onion and cook until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add the butter, corn, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook another 5 minutes or until the corn is golden.
5. Reduce the heat to medium low and pour in the wine and 1/2 cup water. Add the chicken back to the skillet and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer the chicken for 10-15 minutes until cooked through. Stir in the heavy cream and parmesan, cook another few minutes until warmed through. Remove from the heat and top with bacon.
5. Serve the chicken topped with fresh thyme and basil. Enjoy!
Our Favorite Recipes
Browned Butter Scallops and Burst Tomato Basil Pasta.